Busselton Jetty & Underwater Observatory



Lance organised for us to visit the Underwater Observatory at the Busselton Jetty. It was quite busy so we ended up going to have breakfast at a nearby restaurant overlooking the beautiful beach.
We then hired a pedal car and went for a ride by the beach. Lance was quite surprised that I didn't try for the drivers seat (until he realised that he would be doing most of the work he he... no... only when he would try to be a race car driver - then I would put my feet up and let him go for it! No way I was getting any extra bruises from pedals hitting my shins!). Anyway, the flies were awful! We spent most of our time trying not to eat any! We picked ourselves some local fauna to use as fly deterrents (even the inspect repellants didn't work!) and kept our mouths shut. At one point I just lost it when I saw the look of determination on Lance's face as he was trying not to completely lose it with the flies - we both disolved into laughter at that point - I'm sure we looked a sight!
We then did the long walk down the jetty towards the observatory. We had an hour or two to wait before our tour, once we got to the end, so I amused myself by squashing flies with the tour map (Lance is much more patient than me)... Lance gave up trying to stop me after awhile and started taking pictures of me squashing the nasty little things (no... I will not be posting any of them:).
Labels: Activities


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home