The Lighthouse
Friday we pretty much settled into our accommodation and then had lovely wood fired gourmet pizzas for dinner and just enjoyed each other's company - no work, no telephones, no interruptions, no teddi or Cale (as much as we love them) - just us (and sleep in's for 5 days) - it was great!
Then on Saturday Lance drove me to the lighthouse in Augusta. See the great bush on the way? The trees were quite magnificient actually (even though I do love pine forrests the best).
I begged Lance to stop at many of the art galleries along the way, O and the Meadery with lovely honey wines and liquers... for some reason he really didn't want to stop but he did anyway (after much begging) just 'cos he loves me I guess (or wanted to have some peace :) and so we did lots of little detours - this point may seem trivial but I am setting the scene so remember this for later.
So we got to Augusta and the big white lighthouse (3rd largest in Australia). We walked around the grounds and then went on the big tour up 55 steps and lots of metres (sorry I forgot how many metres but suffice to say - it was huge!).
In case you were wondering - this isn't a "glamour" holiday so expect to see me in trackie dacks (Aussie for track suit) for most of the holidays. And, it is winter so I apologies in advance for any bad hair days. Ok, now that we've got the 'disclaimers' outta the way lets get on with it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home