Amira's newsletter

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Port Hedland trip










Well now that I work in a mining company, as the Head of Human Resources I have to do regular trips to the mine sites, camps etc. so this was a two day trip to Port Hedland to see one of the sites and do my formal induction! There was so much to see and lots of employees I hadn't met before. Kylie (my HR Advisor) came with me - it was good for both of us to be ignorant and learn together :)

I had to wear a high visibility bright shirt with safety hat, safety glasses, long pants and steel cap boots (yes - I was quite a sight - I'll have to get some pics to show you next time). Anyway, it was quite warm there even though it's winter! I can't imagine how it would be to work in the heat when it's 50 degrees! Especially with all the protective gear you have to wear!

It was so cool to see the construction going on in port, rail and minesites. Kylie and I slept in these donga's - see picture I took of the beautiful sunrise early in the morning.

We'll be spending time in Port Hedland, racecourse (Newman site), Cloudbreak site (3 hrs from Port Hedland) and exploration sites (all over the Pilbara) every month. It's going to be interesting camping out in the exploration sites - especially in summer :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Amira, sounds fantastic. Congrats on the new job. Just having a browse on your website with your mum beside me. You clever thing. Take care. Love Christine XXX

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home