Cookin' up a storm
I started a new job in H.R. at Fortescue Metals Group 3 weeks ago... it's really full on as there's so much to do, but it's really exciting, the people are lovely and I'm really enjoying it. There are constantly social outings too... I've already been on a train trip with a 5 course lunch, 2 x luncheons, afternoon teas, social drinks etc. And, we get free lunch every day! Cool huh? I don't have to bring lunch anymore. I am having to get used to taking the bus instead of driving though, cos it's so hard to get parking in the city, and its soooo expensive! But the bus drive is only about 10 minutes and the buses come regularly... so it's all part of the experience!
I also got recognition of prior learning for two of my uni units which is great and means that it saves me $4,000 worth of uni fees in the future, and also... I finish my degree a year sooner! So I should be finished in 2008! Then I will continue on for another couple of years to finish my Masters in HR etc. I'm thinking of doing a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) after that as well... it all helps and I do enjoy it - I may take a break in between though - will be nice not to have to stress over assignments :)
I'm going to breakfast as a going away with the senior managers from my old work on Friday, I'm looking forward to seeing how they're all doing... and the buffet breaky and going into work late will be nice too :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home