Reflections
Well… Christmas is coming up and there’s so much to do! I’m looking forward to my 3 weeks off and spending time in our beautiful house with Teddi and our family. Work is starting to really drag now – all I can think about is the break! I want to spend some time finishing off my paintings for the house – and I’ve been missing my art!
Can’t wait to make the fernery down the side of the house – it’ll be like our little piece of rainforest! I’ve even got a CD with rainforest sounds which I can play! I can just pretend I’m in the Queensland rainforest! Down the track I’d like to make an aviary in the fernery so we can have beautiful finches, budgies, parrots etc.
Lance says he’s going to take me away for a holiday over the Christmas break (he’s selling his spare engine so we should have a some money to do something nice) so I’m looking forward to relaxing! He is so good at organising holidays and it’s nice not to have to worry about it – I do tend to stress a little – being such a perfectionist and all :)
Overall I feel very content. I’m over the wild partying stage (still love partyin tho) and the manic shopping stage (still love shoppin' of course) and am very happy to spend time with my family and settle down into motherhood, work and play.
I’m loving cooking and baking in my new kitchen – I should bake some Christmas cake and cookies and visit all the neighbours with Lance and Cale over the holiday season – there may be some other kidz which Cale can get to know and play with.
Cale has been so grown up lately – it’s easy to forget he’s only 7 yrs old sometimes. He is so gorgeous and really clever too – and he’s getting pretty good at Pool (all that practice on the pool table). He beat me last time we played! I’m gonna have to practice a little more – Lance has been teaching me some tips!
Lance has been working pretty hard lately – lots of hours at work and then fixing up things at home – he needs a break over Christmas. I do love him so much – he is so patient and supportive and always gives me great cuddles – and gave me such a lovely foot massage last night! His mum definitely trained him well!
One of the great things about Lance is that he evens me out and settles me - we compliment eachother well. For example, I’ll speed around efficiently, juggling numerous tasks, working all hours and suddenly be all worn out and barely conscious, walk around in a daze, too tired to even put one foot in front of the other, need help to even get off the couch (otherwise I fall asleep on the couch till the early hours) and seem like the laziest person in the world! (a bit extreme but u get the idea) – Lance is always steady and has good will power so he picks up the slack! He may not speed around but he evens things out – when I can’t possibly do anything... Lance keeps everything running until I’m back on track :). Imagine if we both had downs together – yikes!
Daylight savings has just started this week and I’m so happy because we actually have daylight when I get home from work! We can go for walks and enjoy the sunshine during the week! It’s about time! Perth always seems to take longer to catch on to these types of things than the other Australian states.
It’s gonna be so great having time to catch up with all friends and family – I’ve had to be such a hermit ‘cos of uni and work, moving house etc.
O well I’d better go and get back to work now… hope u r all keepin’ well and excited about Christmas and New Year!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home